It became known which crossovers have the highest demand in the world market.August 30, 2019
In the first place in terms of sales was the Japanese Toyota RAV4. This was the conclusion of focus2move agency, which ranked the top ten most popular crossovers for the first half of this year.
So, Toyota RAV4 was acquired more than 440 thousand times. This figure is 8% higher than last year’s similar model.
What follows is a Honda CR-V. Since last year, the number of sales increased by 15% and amounted to 381 thousand. The third line of the rating went to Volkswagen Tiguan, which, on the contrary, fell sales by 10% – 370 thousand units were sold.
The next in the TOP was Hyundai Tuscon – 255 thousand cars were sold, the sales dynamics of which also declined. In fifth place is the Korean KIA Sportage, which was purchased by about 243 thousand motorists.
From fifth to tenth place, respectively, are such cars as the Nissan Qashqai, Chevrolet Equinox, Mazda CX-5, Nissan Rogue and Mercedes GLC.
In general, analysts note a decrease in the dynamics of crossover sales – it amounted to about 4%.
- Electrification is gaining momentum: Volkswagen ID.3 nearly overtakes Golf
- BMW abandons a number of international events
- Volkswagen will cut production in Germany in February due to a shortage of microchips
- Genesis brings new items to Europe
- Kia’s new electric crossover could become the brand’s best-selling electric vehicle in Europe