Isola: One pit stop strategy looks optimalSeptember 21, 2019
The head of the auto racing division of the tire company, Mario Isola, commented on the results of Friday’s training on the Marina Bay city highway and noted that the tires will allow you to drive the Sunday race with one pit stop.
Mario Isola: “Free rides in Singapore did not bring big surprises, because the track and weather conditions were the same as last year. Compared to 2018, the lap time has not changed much. The condition of the track continues to improve, so let’s see what the results will be tomorrow.
Many riders call the Singapore track the most difficult of the season from a physical point of view, but despite the difficult conditions, we did not see the bubble or granulation of rubber. The teams gathered a lot of useful information for the race, which is likely to last all two hours.
In training, Soft tires were most used, but the teams tested all three of them. Tires Medium and Hard are quite suitable for the race. These compositions are especially worth a look for those who start outside the top ten, since the strategy of one pit stop looks optimal. Given the large time difference between the Medium and Soft lineups, it will be quite difficult to reach the final qualification for Medium. ”
- The new polymer electrolyte will increase the power reserve of electric vehicles by up to 50%
- Musk announced the launch of Tesla’s own insurance company
- Musk: “Tesla’s autopilot is already taking me to work almost independently”
- Ducati unveils a new electric bike for every occasion
- Musk wants mining companies to mine more nickel