iRace Kit – beginner mode on the BMW S1000RRApril 1, 2019
Running a 207-horsepower 193.5-pound BMW S1000RR sports motorcycle can scare newbies, and in some cases it’s too dangerous. On the other hand, you always need to start somewhere.
BMW Motorrad has prepared a special kit “iRace Kit”, which is aimed at upgrading the motorcycle software, that is, means the introduction of an autonomous system. Surely, many people remember the BMW R1200GS self-propelled motorcycle presented at BMW Motorrad Techday 2018 in France. The iRace GPS device has a library in which data is stored on all the tracks of the current Superbike World Championship, as well as Nordsleife and the Isle of Man.
In the “Beginner” mode, the bike becomes obedient and reliable. In fact, the bike takes control if it feels that the person is losing control. According to the manufacturer, the system is so cool that even the very beginner who really doesn’t know how to drive a motorcycle will show a maximum of +8 seconds to the official record.
- On tests, a prototype of a “charged” crossover BMW X4 M 2022 was seen
- Daimler unveils new professional Western Star 49X truck
- Buyers are not happy with the quality of the Dodge Demon coupe paintwork
- Teasers of Aznom Palladium appeared on the network
- The render shows a sporty Nissan Z Proto for safari