IPhone and Apple Watch with the new iOS will turn into keys for a carFebruary 7, 2020
Digital car keys have long ceased to seem something unrealistic – many car manufacturers offer them to their customers. Apple decided to contribute to the development of this trend.
Apple released the first beta version of the iOS 13.4 operating system, in which there was a place for a new function with the talking name CarKey. It will allow owners of IPhone and smart watches Apple Watch to use their gadgets in a new role – car keys, Carscoops writes about this. To do this, the car must support today’s popular NFC wireless technology. It is most actively used in contactless payments.
To take advantage of the new feature, Apple owners do not have to resort to Face ID. It will be enough to bring the gadget to the NFC reader, after which the Wallet application (Wallet) comes into play. If desired, the car owner can share this “digital” key with family or friends.
You can invite new users with the Wallet app. Then they will be able to unlock the central locking of the car without a physical key using their iPhone / Apple Watch.
- Interior view: Mercedes-AMG E63 S 2021 accelerates to 300 km / h
- Rare Ford GT ’67 Heritage Edition to be auctioned off
- Toy Cybertruck made of cardboard and toothpicks does a good job off-road
- Look at an old Toyota Camry with license plate fender flares
- Ather Electric showed a special variation of the 450X scooter