Investors demand compensation from Daimler over emissions scandalSeptember 22, 2020
This is reported by the portal Carscoops with reference to the press service of the Stuttgart court.
Several new investors in Daimler are demanding about 250 million euros in damages in a claim for emission fraud of the company’s diesel models, according to published data. In addition, in other cases, the same investors demand to pay another 100 million euros.
Currently, the amount of all claims that have been filed with Daimler in the Stuttgart court exceeds the one billion euro mark. In response to investors’ demands, a Daimler spokesman said the company would defend its interests by all legal means.
Recall that at the beginning of this year, more than 200 Daimler shareholders filed a lawsuit against the company for the fact that the concern concealed information about the falsification of emissions readings by the manufacturer’s diesel models. The total amount of claims was € 900 million. However, last week Daimler agreed to pay $ 2.2 billion to resolve this problem in the United States.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles