Introduced a new charging standard for electric carsMay 4, 2020
Japan Electric Vehicle Fast Charger Association, responsible for the development of the CHAdeMO standard, introduced a new version of the charging protocol – CHAdeMO 3.0. The most important innovation was an increase in the charging speed of electric cars by increasing power to 500 kW.
CHAdeMO 3.0 was created jointly with the China Electricity Council, so it is compatible with the national Chinese standard for charging electric vehicles GB / T, so the potential audience of CHAdeMO 3.0 is high. CHAdeMO charging is also common in Europe, as with the combined charging system (CCS).
The transfer of such high power makes charging the electric car more time-closer to refueling with standard gasoline or diesel fuel. According to rough estimates, five minutes of connecting the car to the CHAdeMO 3.0 charging station gives the car battery enough charge to cover more than 200 km. Considering the fact that high-capacity batteries in vehicles are not yet very common, 10 minutes of connecting to CHAdeMO 3.0 will provide a full charge of the average electric car.
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US
- Elon Musk spoke about the autonomy of the Tesla Semi electric truck
- Honda CR-V, Accord and NSX will go electric
- Alibaba founded e-mobility startup in China with SAIC
- What will the Renault Megane look like when it switches to electricity?