Indian company Mahindra bought back all shares of Peugeot MotorcyclesOctober 31, 2019
In 2015, the Indian company Mahindra bought 51 percent of the shares (controlling interest) of the French manufacturer Peugeot Motorcycles. Now, a few years later, the Indians bought up the remaining shares and now control 100 percent. They can do whatever they want with the manufacturer, but the main goal is to use the brand to expand into the European market.
Peugeot is a famous brand with a history. First of all, he is known as the French automaker. Peugeot Motorcycles is a separate company that produces scooters and motorcycles that are quite popular in Europe, especially in France.
Mahindra plans to expand the popularity of the French motorcycle brand. According to statistics, Peugeot Motorcycles rank fourth in France in terms of sales. There is not much space for growth in the native country, therefore expansion is planned on the market of all Europe.
The head office of Peugeot Motorcycles will be left in Europe. Some media write that the challenge is already to develop seven new models by 2023. It will be interesting!
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup
- Low-mileage Cadillac XLR-V goes on sale