In the United States began to refuse gas school busesDecember 23, 2019
Thomas Built Buses in the United States Provides 50 Saf-T-Liner C2 Jouley All-Electric Buses to Virginia Schools
This was reported by the press service of the company. According to the manufacturer, green buses fully meet the criteria of analogues with internal combustion engines
The replacement of gasoline buses with electric buses is part of the Virginia State Electrification Transport Program. Today it will be the largest introduction of electric school buses in the United States, the manufacturer emphasizes.
The Saf-T-Liner C2 Jouley electric buses are equipped with 220 kWh batteries and are capable of traveling about 215 km on a single charge. At the same time, “filling up” a bus takes about 3 hours at 60 kW fast-charging stations. In addition, electric buses support V2G (Vehicle-to-grid) technology, which allows you to connect a car for recharging with the possibility of delivering electricity back to the network.
In the future, the manufacturer wants to significantly increase the supply of electric buses, so it is planned to transfer about 200 cars a year to educational institutions over the next 5 years, said Thomas Built Buses CEO Kaley Egerly.
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 270,000 C-Class cars over potential fire
- Volvo will turn its hometown into a green polygon by 2030
- Hydrogen hypercar Hyperion XP-1 spotted on trials in Las Vegas
- Updated crossover Kia Sportage will be presented in 2021
- Coupe-cross Volkswagen Tiguan X is sold much worse than the standard version