In the UK, autonomous cars will be allowed next yearAugust 20, 2020
At the moment, systems that simulate autonomous driving can already be used. However, it is allowed to do this at much lower speeds.
Very soon, the UK government may approve the use of autonomous driving cars on public roads. According to preliminary data, we are talking about a permit starting from 2021. If the information is officially confirmed, then next year a system for keeping cars in the lane at a speed of 110 km / h may be used. Thus, the driver will not be able to intervene for a very long time.
At the moment, such a system already exists, but it is allowed to move at a speed of only 60 km / h. According to British Transport Secretary Rachel McLean, the main objective of the new law is to ensure safety and reduce road accidents. Despite some distrust of autonomous driving systems, the UK has a track record of safety.
If everything goes according to plan, then the entry into force of the law may take place in the spring of 2021.
- 2018 Ford GT low-mileage on sale
- Skoda prepares rival Renault Duster for sale
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe from the 90s for sale
- Tesla will build a new plant to assemble trucks and sports cars
- All-new Nissan Skyline R34 sports car for half a million dollars at auction