In the DTM championship, new cars will be equipped with an overrun button.January 17, 2019
The button for overtaking Push-to-pass will appear on new racing cars created according to the Class One regulations. Manual DTM believes that this technology will improve the situation with overtaking, writes the publication Motosport.com.
Activating increased power mode will give riders an increase of 30 horsepower by injecting additional fuel into the engine cylinders. It is allowed to use it 12 times per race. This system is already used in IndyCar.
It will still be possible to use the rolling rear wing of the DRS, but only in the case when the rider with a rival in front is separated by three seconds. And on the last five laps, DRS will be allowed to use at any time. The organizers expect that such a move will allow riders to make more overtaking in front of the finish line.
In addition, the DTM has already confirmed changes to the rules designed to make racing cars faster. Among such changes – the minimum weight of one ton. Thus, according to the organizers, the cars will be able to accelerate at the fastest sections of the route up to 300 km / h.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI