In Shanghai, will establish the production of the new Audi A7LJuly 15, 2020
The liftback will be assembled jointly with the SAIC Motor company.
The new premium Audi A7L liftback will be assembled at the SAIC Motor factory in Shanghai. Such information was shared by the Carscoops portal. To set up the production process, Volkswagen AG will invest about 4.13 billion yuan in the plant. The production line should be established before the end of this year.
The leaders of the German company expect that the investment will pay off pretty quickly, since the cost of production in China is much lower. Long-wheel drive cars are very popular in China. The volume of production will be about 60,000 cars per year.
Sales of the Audi A7L are expected to begin in early 2022. According to the results of the first 6 months, the sales volume of cars of the joint venture of Volkswagen and SAIC amounted to 577,385 units, which is 37% less than the same period last year.
At the end of 2019, the group’s sales amounted to 2 million copies.
Earlier on the web published photos of the new Audi SQ5. The car was noticed in test trials before the official debut without a camouflage film.
- Compact crossover Nissan Magnite enters the global market
- Audi from 2026 will completely abandon the internal combustion engine and switch to the production of electric cars
- Tuned Porsche 911 GT2 becomes the world’s fastest street car at the Nurburgring
- Hongqi’s new 5m E-QM5 electric sedan unveiled
- Aston Martin unveils a special Vantage roadster to celebrate the A3’s 100th anniversary