In Porsche will be true to aspirated and manual transmissionJuly 13, 2019
Although Porsche is about to show the first electric car in the history of the brand, the company is not going to give up the good old internal combustion engines – and the old-school “aspirated” too.
As Andreas Preuninger, head of the Porsche GT division, said in an interview with WhichCar, when buying hardcore models with the GT index, almost half of the brand’s customers choose a manual gearbox, so there’s no point in abandoning it, and atmospheric engines are a kind of classic for connoisseurs of purebred sports cars.
According to Preuninger, the cocktail of “aspirated” and manual transmission is a reliable source of pleasure for Porsche drivers, so the brand will hold on to this recipe as long as possible. Ideally, for another ten years, until tougher environmental regulations force the Germans to finally switch to turbo engines or electric cars.
- Tesla will start official sales of cars in Israel in 2021
- Tesla raised prices for models S and X due to restyling
- Named the most “long-range” supercars
- New Porsche 911 GT3 was shown to journalists
- Electronic driver assistants reduce alertness on the road