In Porsche will be true to aspirated and manual transmissionJuly 13, 2019
Although Porsche is about to show the first electric car in the history of the brand, the company is not going to give up the good old internal combustion engines – and the old-school “aspirated” too.
As Andreas Preuninger, head of the Porsche GT division, said in an interview with WhichCar, when buying hardcore models with the GT index, almost half of the brand’s customers choose a manual gearbox, so there’s no point in abandoning it, and atmospheric engines are a kind of classic for connoisseurs of purebred sports cars.
According to Preuninger, the cocktail of “aspirated” and manual transmission is a reliable source of pleasure for Porsche drivers, so the brand will hold on to this recipe as long as possible. Ideally, for another ten years, until tougher environmental regulations force the Germans to finally switch to turbo engines or electric cars.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious