In Pirelli officially introduced tires for Formula 2January 10, 2020
Pirelli officially presented the 18-inch tires that will be used in Formula 2 cars in the new season. Tests of tires have been carried out since last summer on a specially prepared car, a small presentation took place during the weekend in Monza, but the final version of the tires is presented today.
Along with larger disks, the novelty has a smaller sidewall compared to tires of the previous generation. Formula 2 teams will be able to test the new 18-inch tires during a three-day test in Bahrain from March 1 to 3.
In Formula 1, the transition to 18-inch tires is planned in 2021. In September last year, tire manufacturers have already begun testing prototypes; testing will continue throughout the season.
- BMW officially confirmed the release of the BMW i4M in 2021
- BMW to start production of battery modules in 2021
- New Maserati Grecale SUV showed on renders
- BMW unveils new superbike BMW M 1000 RR
- Volvo electric cars will be built on the new Geely platform