In Pirelli officially introduced tires for Formula 2January 10, 2020
Pirelli officially presented the 18-inch tires that will be used in Formula 2 cars in the new season. Tests of tires have been carried out since last summer on a specially prepared car, a small presentation took place during the weekend in Monza, but the final version of the tires is presented today.
Along with larger disks, the novelty has a smaller sidewall compared to tires of the previous generation. Formula 2 teams will be able to test the new 18-inch tires during a three-day test in Bahrain from March 1 to 3.
In Formula 1, the transition to 18-inch tires is planned in 2021. In September last year, tire manufacturers have already begun testing prototypes; testing will continue throughout the season.
- New Skoda Fabia will receive a station wagon variation
- Revealed Ford’s fastest electric crossover
- 2021 Peugeot 5008 will try on police livery
- Introduced the updated Jaguar F-Pace SVR
- VW ID.6 electric crossover spotted in trials