In Michigan, released the latest instance of the legendary Chevrolet ImpalaFebruary 28, 2020
The American concern General Motors has decided to resign the legendary Chevrolet Impala sedan. The history of this model began 62 years ago. And at one time, Impala was even considered the most expensive passenger Chevrolet.
On the eve of February 27, at the Detroit-Hamtramck facility in the US state of Michigan, the story of the iconic Chevrolet Impala model, which won the hearts of brand fans for several decades, ended. The plant itself, from the conveyor of which the last Impala came off, will be closed for modernization. At its production facilities they intend to launch the production of GMC Hummer electric pickups, which will compete for buyers with the futuristic Tesla Cybertruck.
The first Chevrolet Impala sedans appeared in 1958, and since that time, the model was twice discontinued, but then it invariably revived.
With this in mind, auto experts are in no hurry to write off the Impala completely, hoping to someday meet this name again in the automaker’s model line.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed