In McLaren received the status of the manufacturer in a series of IMSAApril 21, 2019
In the American series WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, organized by the IMSA Motorsports Association, signed a multi-year agreement with McLaren: now the British company will receive the official status of the automaker, and sports cars built in Woking will take part in races of this championship.
The first McLaren 720S GT3 car will debut in May at the stage in Mid-Ohio, it will be put up at the start by the private team Compass Racing. Thus, McLaren will be the ninth car brand represented in this championship, which has been gaining increasing popularity in recent years. McLaren are interested in the growth of sales of their sports cars on the American market and hope that participation in the races will contribute to this.
The Compass Racing team intends to perform at the seven stages of the new GRD Sprint Cup series, which is held as part of the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. In previous years, McLaren sports cars participated only in the races of the less prestigious Michelin Pilot Challenge series.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors