In Japan, they promised an electric car for $ 3,000January 25, 2021
This is reported by Nikkei with reference to the chief executive officer of the company for the production of engines Nidec.
Shigenobu Nakamori, Chief Executive Officer of Nidec, said there will soon be a $ 3,000 model on the auto market. As proof of his words, he cited the Chinese electric car Wuling, which now costs about $ 4,300.
Inexpensive electric cars, according to the expert, will literally blow up the car market. First of all, such machines will be sold in India and countries in Africa and the Middle East. According to Nakamori, the capacity of the auto market in these regions will increase car sales from the current 80-90 million to 300 million units.
At the same time, Nidec itself intends to become one of the leading players in the traction electric motor market, which in turn will allow automakers to reduce the cost of electric vehicles to the same $ 3,000.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts