In Japan, developed the transport of the future, which will have to be inflatedMay 19, 2020
Specialists of the University of Tokyo on Tuesday, May 19, showed a prototype of the Poimo electric inflatable bike. According to them, this is the ideal transport of the future for urban conditions.
To manufacture the Poimo case, thermoplastic polyurethane was used, inflated in a couple of minutes with a separate electric compressor. It is mounted on a platform with an electric motor and battery, and the control is displayed on removable handles.
The weight of all Poimo parts is only 5.5 kg and when folded is placed in a backpack. An inflatable pillow weighs 2.3 kg. There is no information about other characteristics.
At the moment, Japanese experts are modernizing Poimo – they plan to reduce weight, introduce a compressor into the structure and reduce the cost of electric bicycles.
After demonstrating the final version, the launch date of the model and its cost will be announced.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed