In Hockenheim are ready to return to Formula 1January 22, 2020
This year on the calendar there is no German Grand Prix. In 2019, Mercedes took over the financial costs of the Grand Prix, but it was a one-time campaign dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the German company’s participation in car racing.
For the 2020 season, the circuit did not find sponsors. Surprisingly, in Germany, according to rumors, they could not find only $ 16 million, and for organizing the Grand Prix of Saudi Arabia, the organizers will pay $ 65 million per year.
Having abandoned Formula 1, the owners of the Hockenheimring focused on holding music festivals and other public events, but are ready to return the races if someone pays for it.
“The door for Formula 1 remains open, in the future the race may return – this is a matter of financial conditions,” – said Thomas Reister, head of the management company.
- Ken Block’s drift Ford F-150 is up for sale
- Audi and Volvo suspend production in Belgium
- BMW M4 will officially take part in the drift series
- Bugatti’s unreleased hypercar is already being resold
- BMW talks about the new BMW Live Cockpit