In Hockenheim are ready to return to Formula 1January 22, 2020
This year on the calendar there is no German Grand Prix. In 2019, Mercedes took over the financial costs of the Grand Prix, but it was a one-time campaign dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the German company’s participation in car racing.
For the 2020 season, the circuit did not find sponsors. Surprisingly, in Germany, according to rumors, they could not find only $ 16 million, and for organizing the Grand Prix of Saudi Arabia, the organizers will pay $ 65 million per year.
Having abandoned Formula 1, the owners of the Hockenheimring focused on holding music festivals and other public events, but are ready to return the races if someone pays for it.
“The door for Formula 1 remains open, in the future the race may return – this is a matter of financial conditions,” – said Thomas Reister, head of the management company.
- Ford Kuga tests powerful Argo AI autonomous driving LIDAR sensor
- Lewis Hamilton won the Spanish Grand Prix
- Connected car sales are growing despite chip shortages
- Drag racing – VW Golf R 2021 versus the “charged” Audi RS6 Avant wagon
- Drag racing – powerful sedan Mercedes-AMG E63 S versus the “charged” station wagon Audi RS6