In Europe, the idea of banning the advertising of cars with gasoline and diesel engines will be consideredJune 18, 2021
And yet, at the suggestion of the authors of this civic initiative, manufacturers of fossil fuel cars will not be able to sponsor sports, cultural and other mass events.
The European Commission has received a European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) on a total ban on fossil fuel advertising and sponsorship. The authors of this proposal are waiting for the relevant bills from the European Union.
According to them, we need a law banning the advertising of cars with traditional internal combustion engines. And such automakers should not be invited as sponsors. The only exception is cars involved in the provision of transport services.
And the veto can be imposed not only on offline advertising, but also on advertising messages on the Internet.
The fact that such an initiative has been registered does not yet have any consequences for automakers. The Commission acknowledged that such an idea was in line with European law. Now the initiators can move on to the next stage – the collection of signatures from all those close to this initiative.
If at least one million Europeans living in at least seven EU member states support the ban in a year, the European Commission will have to legalize it. Energy companies, which will not be able to advertise oil products, are also banned.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV