In Daimler AG they were surprised at the presence of Mercedes and Maybach at Kim Jong-unApril 28, 2019
Daimler AG is surprised by the presence of Mercedes-Benz sedans and limousines in front of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. These cars were lit up during the recent visits of the DPRK leader to Vladivostok, Singapore and Hanoi.
The German concern does not know where Un could buy them, because Daimler AG has not sold its cars in the DPRK for 15 years. About this reports TASS with reference to the representative of the concern Silke Mokert.
The Kim Jong Una tuple uses Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221 sedans and limousines and Maybach 62 limousines. Resolutions of the UN Security Council at the same time prohibit the sale of luxury goods in North Korea.
“Daimler AG has not maintained trade relations with North Korea for more than 15 years, strictly adhering to the regulations of the United States and the European Union”. “To prevent the supply of [vehicles] to the DPRK or to the North Korean embassies, Daimler AG introduced large-scale export controls.”
The company noted that, apparently, the DPRK authorities bought these cars in one of the third countries. To track and influence such transactions is almost impossible.
- Biggest BMW Motorrad festival moves to Berlin in 2021
- Opel announces prices for the Zafira-e Life electric bus
- Bentley Bentayga gets an exclusive version from Kahn
- New Toyota SUV is cheaper than Hyundai Creta will appear on September 23
- McLaren launches five special editions for Senna GTR LM to celebrate 25th Le Mans victory