In Britain, admitted that speed cameras are placed to make moneyJuly 19, 2020
Drivers are quite often dissatisfied with speed cameras, which, in their opinion, are placed not to increase safety, but to collect fines.
In particular, this was recognized by the British police department, informs the Daily Mail.
The department does not deny that certain places were chosen due to the fact that they manage to collect a lot of fines there.
In turn, the report calls for more transparency in the use of cameras and their income. It should be noted that the year before last, 2,300,000 fines were issued in Britain in the amount of approximately 230 million pounds sterling.
According to an internal investigation, some cameras were installed in places where a large number of accidents were not recorded. The choice of such locations is due only to the large flow of motorists who exceed the established speed limit.
- Look at the drift of an unmanned Toyota Supra
- Hyundai is preparing to debut new Custo minivan
- Rolls-Royce is preparing to introduce the first production electric car
- New Honda HR-V will debut February 18
- New Citroen e-Berlingo van goes on sale in late 2021