Hyundai’s new pickup truck can get a Genesis GV80 diesel engineJanuary 22, 2020
The new 3.0-liter six-turbo Genesis GV80 turbo diesel can hit the upcoming 1-ton Hyundai pickup.
In the GV80, this new engine develops a torque of 274 hp. and 434 Nm and is connected to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Hyundai Research and Development Manager Albert Birmann was asked if this engine could be used in other cars during the recent launch of the GV80 in Korea. According to Birmann, the car manufacturer has developed a new inline six for the GV80 thanks to its inherent refinement. The platform used by the GV80 also conveniently supports such a transmission.
“We designed the entire machine from the start. The new M3 platform has already been reviewed with this engine, ” – Birmann said.
Genesis has confirmed that its new diesel engine will be sold with the GV80 in Europe and meets the latest emission standards. The development of the engine would not be cheap, and it is logical that it will be used by other models from the car manufacturer. Birmann is also confident that the engine can have a fairly long service life.
- Tesla sues Chinese media over negative reporting on Shanghai plant
- 2022 “charged” BMW X3 M and M4 spotted in tests
- Look at the pink Rezvani Tank with lemon interior
- Humvee hijacked from military warehouse found in Los Angeles River
- Lottery Winner Cannot Pick Up Chevrolet Corvette Won From Dealer