Hyundai will release the charged i20 N to fight the Ford Fiesta STFebruary 15, 2019
The first hot hatchback i30 N, developed by the sporting N-division of Hyundai, received a lot of good reviews, and now the Korean automaker is working on a sports version of the compact hatchback i20.
There are a lot of rumors about the Hyundai i20 N, and one of them claims that the project was originally planned to be launched in 2018, but was postponed due to the company’s electrification strategy.
Hyundai now plans to launch the i20 N in early 2020, and its main competitors are the Ford Fiesta ST and VW Polo GTI. It is expected that the model will be fully developed by the N-department with a new and more rigid suspension, more powerful brakes and sharper steering, as well as a sports body kit.
Now there is no exact information about which engine will be used on the i20 N – the most likely candidate is a 4-cylinder 1.6-liter turbocharged T-GDI engine installed on the Hyundai Tucson and developing 174 hp. But in order for the i20 N to become a serious competitor to the Fiesta ST, the power plant will need to be tuned up to 200 horses.
Interestingly, Hyundai seems to be aiming at a whole sports line, because in the same 2020, immediately after the i20 N, Koreans also intend to present a charged version of the Tucson crossover, which will receive more than 300 horsepower and four-wheel drive.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system