Hyundai will join the race of developers of a flying taxiOctober 1, 2019
Hyundai announced the creation of a new unit that will develop urban air transport. His executive vice president will be Shin Zhevon, who had been doing aeronautical research at NASA for about 30 years.
During his time at NASA, Shin Zhevon oversaw a referral with a total budget of $ 725 million. He took part in a project to develop a supersonic silent aircraft X-plane, an electric aircraft, an unmanned aerial vehicle traffic control system and urban air transport.
“The new division of Hyundai will develop basic technologies that will make the company a market leader in urban air transport. According to forecasts, its volume in the next 20 years will reach 1.5 trillion US dollars, ”said Zhevon.
Hyundai noted that the city’s air taxi service will become one of the most important transport systems in the future, which will reduce the load on the road network in the largest cities in the world.
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup
- Low-mileage Cadillac XLR-V goes on sale