Hyundai Santa Cruz pickup truck in serial body spotted on the roadsMarch 18, 2020
The first pickup of the Korean manufacturer is getting closer to the official debut.
Korean auto giant Hyundai is actively testing its pickup truck Santa Cruz. The car was once again seen in road tests – this time with a production version of the body. As a concept, the pickup was shown back in 2015, but then they forgot about it for a long time. The first information the Korean company published last fall, after which the car was periodically noticed on road trials. The photographs show a large cabin with two rows of seats. You can also draw conclusions regarding the front of the car – the pickup received the outline of the radiator grill from the concept car, and the head optics will become two-tier.
Initially, they plan to sell the car at the American car market – there, in 2021, its production will be launched.
Most likely, the novelty will receive a 2.5-liter engine, which will work in tandem with an automatic transmission of 8 steps. If the geography of Santa Cruz is expanded, then it can be equipped with a 3.0-liter diesel engine, capable of producing 278 hp. at 588 Nm of torque. Hyundai is confident that the car will find its buyer, as it will be more versatile and compact than classic pickups of American manufacturers.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system