Hyundai registers Bayon trademark in EuropeAugust 21, 2020
This move baffled automotive experts.
Recently, TheKoreanCarBlog portal published data that Hyundai has registered the Bayon trademark in Europe. The documents say that under it will be sold “cars, sports cars, vans, trucks, buses, electric cars, as well as parts and accessories for cars.” However, this does not shed light on why Hyundai took such a step.
It’s no secret that the Korean automaker is developing an all-electric model on a scalable platform that works equally well for all three companies: Hyundai, KIA and Genesis. But the question of why it was necessary to register the fourth mark in Europe remains open.
Some speculate that Hyundai is developing a completely new vehicle that no one knows about yet. This particular model can be sold in Europe under the new brand. One way or another, but we learn the truth only when the manufacturer releases something under the Bayon brand.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network