Hyundai recalls about 12 thousand carsApril 21, 2020
Under the revocable campaign, the Sonata and Nexo 2020 models were released.
The Korean company has announced the recall of 11,870 Sonata sedans and Nexo hybrid crossovers of 2020 in the United States, which is associated with problems in the new Smaht Pahk schtick technology, which allows the car to park on its own.
It is reported that the feature – technically called Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA) – has a number of software flaws. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the RSPA may not prevent vehicle movement when a system malfunction is detected.
In the event of any system malfunction, the car may continue to drive without control, instead of stopping by default. The report said the automaker is not aware of any injuries or accidents caused by this problem in the US market.
Hyundai has identified a small portion of the computer code as the cause of the problem, and new software will be installed to correct the situation. The automaker will begin to notify dealers and owners of the affected vehicles on June 4.
- BMW is preparing to release the most expensive version of the M3 CS sedan
- 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser engine data revealed
- A prototype of a powerful coupe BMW M4 CSL was spotted on tests
- Renaissance Renault 4 patented in Europe
- Lamborghini will hybridize all of its cars by 2024