Hyundai Kona rises to record high in TibetJanuary 21, 2020
Hyundai Kona electric crossover set a height record among electric cars.
Hyundai Kona Electric was in the Guinness Book of Records, showing the best result in the category “The highest height reached by electric car.” The electric crossover made an epic climb from Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, and reached a height of 5,731 meters on the Savul Pass. The previous record was 5,715.28 meters
The test was complicated by harsh weather conditions, including extremely low temperatures, snowfall and ice. Throughout the distance, the battery charge was maintained thanks to a special portable device, and at night – using the standard portable system included in the factory kit. On the descent, the battery was charged thanks to a regenerative braking system.
Hyundai Kona Electric debuted in the spring of 2018 as the first mass-produced crossover of a South Korean automaker with zero CO2 emissions. An electric motor of 135 hp is responsible for its performance. power with a 39.2 or 64 kWh battery pack. The latter kit provides a 470 km range in the WLTP cycle.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station