Hyundai Ioniq 5 will receive an innovative batteryNovember 4, 2020
This was reported by the relevant Korean media.
According to published data, the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric car will use innovative batteries manufactured by SK Innovation. Such batteries will be able to provide the electric car with a range of 800 kilometers and very fast charging. It is now known that such batteries are under development, but the manufacturer will be ready to show them in the middle of next year.
Unfortunately, the technical data of the new batteries from SK Innovation have not yet been disclosed. In particular, their chemical composition is unknown. According to preliminary data, the new batteries will have several cells with a small capacity, which will allow electric cars to travel more on a single charge, as well as charge faster.
Hyundai currently uses LG Chem batteries for its environmentally friendly models, while its subsidiary Kia has long used SK Innovation batteries. At the same time, both chemical companies regularly sue each other on charges of technology theft and industrial espionage.
- The interior of the new Genesis G90 was first shown in the photo
- Hyundai showed the updated crossover Tucson L
- Audi TTS Competition Plus for the European market will be more powerful
- The prices for the new SUV from Nissan have been announced
- Rolls-Royce cars get new body colors