Hyundai introduced a new airbag for all carsSeptember 18, 2019
The Korean company has shown a new cushion for installation between the front seats. It 80% prevents secondary head injuries in a collision of a passenger and a driver during a side impact.
Hyundai Motor Group is ready to present a serial version of the new airbag, designed to prevent a collision of the driver and passenger after an accident. According to statistics, about 45% of head injuries in a side impact into a car are precisely due to a collision between a passenger and a driver. The principle of operation is classic – when a shock is detected.
New materials became a feature, as well as a new patented technology used in production. This allowed to significantly reduce the size and weight, which is 500 grams lighter than competitors. In turn, it will facilitate the work for designers and engineers who develop car interiors.
The serial installation of a novelty on Hyundai cars will begin by 2020. Then a new series of crash tests EuroNCAP will be held, where the practical benefits of the new technology will be demonstrated.
- GM is set to become the premier electric vehicle manufacturer. Yes again
- Tesla FSD autopilot promises to be finalized by the end of 2020
- Drag racing: Hyundai Palisade 2020 vs. Buick Grand National 1987
- Overfinch celebrates 5th anniversary with Range Rover Sandringham
- Ken Block’s Ford Focus RS RX sold for a whopping sum