Hyundai has developed a new type of airbagSeptember 18, 2019
Hyundai introduced a fundamentally new type of airbag. The device is designed to prevent severe head injuries that occur after contact between the driver and the front passenger.
The so-called central airbag, which reduces the risk of serious injuries by about 80%, was installed in the side of the driver’s seat. Like a normal airbag, it fires at the moment when the sensors detect a blow to the car body.
At the same time, the South Korean automaker has patented a new technology, thanks to which the new pillow turned out to be about half a kilogram lighter than other analogues. The company noted that the compact size gives designers more freedom when creating new seats.
From 2020, the independent European organization Euro NCAP will begin to take into account in its tests the likelihood of contact between the driver and a person in the front row in the event of an accident. It is assumed that soon the central airbag will be installed on all new models produced under the Hyundai and Kia brands.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup