Hyundai has denied information about the leak of the database of car ownersJanuary 19, 2021
The company does not know anything about the appearance of a database of users of more than 1.3 million Hyundai vehicles on sale.
Recall that at the beginning of January 2021, Roskomnadzor demanded that Hyundai Motor provide information about a possible leak of personal data of 1.3 million Russian car owners of this brand, the press service of the department announced this.
If the information about the leak is confirmed, the company will have to report on its reasons and the measures taken to minimize the risks of access to the data by unauthorized persons, the department noted. It is not specified whether she will be fined.
“We were very concerned about this information and conducted a very thorough internal investigation with the involvement of relevant experts. As a result, we must state that there was no leak. We want to assure and we will definitely inform our clients, because there was a lot of information in the media, ”the company said.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web