Hyundai and KIA will send for repair more than 530 thousand cars because of the possibility of fireMarch 4, 2019
A large-scale recall campaign will affect the American car market. Among the “problem” appear three models of the above brands.
In the United States, 533,000 cars of Korean brands Hyundai and KIA immediately came under review. It is known that all these cars will get to the specialists because of serious malfunctions that can lead to a vehicle fire. So, contact the nearest service center will have the owners of 378,000 mini-crossovers KIA Soul, descended from the conveyor during the period from 2012 to 2016. These 1.6-liter gasoline engine SUVs under the hood can catch fire due to improper installation of the engine in the combustion chamber.
Foreign particles can interfere with the operation of the power unit and cause an oil leak. To avoid this, the wizard will change the catalytic converter, and if necessary – and failed engine parts.
At 155,000 Hyundai Tucson (2011–2013) and Kia Sportage (2011–2012) crossovers, they will replace the engine pan and eliminate the impaired tightness, which is fraught with the same oil leakage and fire. Also on these models will update the software that will create additional protection for the engine.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant