Hyundai and Kia are thinking about new compact crossoversJanuary 29, 2019
According to Emilio Herrera, Chief Operating Officer of Kia Europe, Korean companies are considering launching crossovers. They will target the European market.
There are no specific plans yet, but, as Herrera stressed, the project makes sense, so he “would like to have such a model in the company’s lineup”. He was supported by the operating director of Hyundai Europe, Thomas Schmid, who noted that the models will be front-wheel drive, since “nobody needs an all-wheel drive in this segment.”
As representatives of Hyundai and Kia noted, the crossovers will be smaller than the Kia Stonic. In this case, the length of the models will not exceed 4,000 mm. Currently, in this segment there is almost the only model – Suzuki Jimny, but the presence of the frame translates it into a segment of compact SUVs.
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled
- Genesis has published the first official photos of the crossover GV70