Hyundai and Canoo are preparing a new electric platformFebruary 12, 2020
Hyundai Motor Group partnered with Canoo to develop an entirely new platform that will house future electric cars.
Canoo is a startup that debuted for the first time in 2017 under the name Evelozcity. Over the past few years, we have seen several prototypes created by this newcomer. According to Canoo’s philosophy, the entire lineup of the company will be hosted on a single modular platform. And here the South Korean auto giant comes into play. In partnership with the Americans, Hyundai will take part in the development of a new platform, which will be used in future by future electric cars Kia and Hyundai.
Through this cost-effective collaboration, Hyundai hopes to be able to offer low-cost electric cars in the near future. This new partnership is part of an earlier announced $ 87 billion investment. This is Hyundai’s new step towards significant success in new platforms.
- Genesis GV60 electric crossover to debut in 2021
- Tesla finds loophole in EU legislation to approve autopilot
- Skoda Auto became the best company in 2020
- In the US Volkswagen will abandon Passat in favor of crossovers
- Zero Motorcycles announced the recall of its motorcycles