Hybrid Volkswagen Passat GTE got a greater rangeAugust 27, 2019
Now, without recharging, this German model can travel up to 56 kilometers. This has been made possible thanks to the increased battery capacity.
The hybrid version of the updated Volkswagen Passat, which entered the European market, has become not only more functional, but also has increased the range. So, the Passat GTE 2020 was equipped with a battery, whose power was immediately increased by 31 percent – 13 kWh against the previous 9.9. With the new battery, the hybrid will be able to drive up to 56 kilometers on a single electric traction along the WLTP cycle. “Range” of the current version was measured by less accurate NEDC standards: then it was a cruising range of 50 kilometers.
The novelty, if you apply the old standards to it, will already show 70 kilometers.
The Volkswagen Passat GTE powerplant includes a 1.4-liter 156-horsepower TSI and an electric engine with a return of 113 hp. The total power of such a hybrid reaches 215 hp. at 400 Nm of torque. The transmission is 6AKPP with double clutch. Also, the Passat GTE relies on three driving modes instead of five: electric – EV, hybrid and sports – GTE.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests