Hybrid Land Rover Discovery spotted by spiesJanuary 14, 2020
Seven-seater Land Rover will receive a hybrid powerplant as part of a major 2020 upgrade.
Land Rover will launch its first Hybrid Discovery as part of a big SUV upgrade plan aimed at boosting model sales that are still falling. Photos of a disguised prototype appeared on the eve of the web.
The test model has a tight camouflage and it is not possible to consider all the details of the changes, however, the main update is a new hybrid-electric transmission. The exterior is likely to feature a new grille, and updated multimedia will appear in the cabin.
Land Rover has not yet officially confirmed which hybrid unit uses this test mule. It is possible that the brand is considering introducing a hybrid version with a plug-in module with a four-cylinder P400e system used in Range Rover and Range Rover Sport.
The only Land Rover hybrid system suitable for cars of this size and weight is the latest 3.0-liter, six-cylinder turbocharged direct-drive gasoline engine connected to a starter generator and 48V battery. Also, hybrid versions should also appear with diesel engines .
- Children’s Mercedes-Benz G-Class 6×6 in an external frame
- See how the 1400-horsepower Dodge Viper accidentally set a speed record
- 106-year-old American returned Cadillac Eldorado stolen from him
- US police spend money from fines for the purchase of Ford Mustang
- Bentley called the new Flying Spur’s cabin “the most difficult in history”