Hot hatch Hyundai Veloster N got a “robot” and became fasterApril 22, 2020
Hyundai introduced a new modification of the “charged” hatchback Veloster N – with a robotic gearbox. The preselect, which added acceleration dynamics to the car, became an alternative to a manual gearbox.
We are talking about an eight-stage “robot” 8DCT with two “wet” clutches, which allowed to increase the maximum torque of a two-liter turbo engine by 7% – from 353 N · m to 377 Newton meters. The special N Grin Shift (NGS) system is able to increase the pressure in the turbine for 20 s for the maximum response in the transmission.
The return of the unit remained the same: 250 or 275 horsepower. In the top version, the hatchback is able to accelerate from standstill to the first hundred in 5.6 s, which is 0.5 s faster than a car with a manual transmission.
In addition, Hyundai Veloster N received an improved infotainment complex with an eight-inch touch screen and JBL audio system. Finally, the Smart Sense security package, which includes an automatic emergency braking system, a hold function, adaptive cruise control and blind spots control, has become available for the hot hatch.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles