Honda unveils a plug-in hybrid version of the CR-VSeptember 29, 2020
At the Beijing Auto Show, Honda unveiled a new electrified version of the CR-V. This is the all-new CR-V Sport Turbo e + plug-in hybrid.
In Europe, the CR-V is available with a conventional 1.5 petrol engine, which also has a hybrid version in the form of a CR-V Hybrid based on a 2.0-liter internal combustion engine. A plug-in hybrid variant of the Honda SUV has not yet existed. Now the situation is changing, at least in China. Honda unveiled a plug-in hybrid variant of the CR-V, the CR-V Sport Turbo e +, at Auto China.
Honda has barely published information on the powerplant of the CR-V plug-in hybrid, which will hit the Chinese market in early 2021. It is known that this model will use the 2.0 four-cylinder engine, which, like the “European” CR-V Hybrid, develops 145 hp. This power source is connected to a 92-horsepower electric motor.
On the outside, the CR-V Sport Turbo e + features a redesigned grille and PHEV logos. Honda says it has nothing definite to say about the model’s eventual arrival in the EU.
Fun fact: Honda is selling a second CR-V in China in addition to the model known in Europe. This car is called the Breeze and is produced by the GAC Honda joint venture. The CR-V we know was built in China by Dongfeng Honda. The two SUVs are technically identical but differ in design.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web