Honda recalls 16 thousand cars in ChinaSeptember 14, 2020
The Japanese automaker announced the start of a recall campaign in China, which hit several models of the brand at once.
Auto company Honda Motor (China) Investment Co. and GAC Honda Automobile Co. plan to withdraw from the Chinese market 16,304 vehicles, as reported yesterday, September 13, Xinhua News Agency reported.
The recall included 5918 Honda Accord, CRV, Legend, Logo and Odyssey models produced between March 17, 1997 and December 14, 1999. In addition, 10386 Honda Accord sedans will be recalled.
According to a statement on the website of the State Administration for Market Regulation, the reason for the recall is a defect in the front airbags on the driver’s side, which were manufactured using non-azide fuel.
It is noted that the chemical from the airbag, when exposed to high temperatures and humidity, can deteriorate, as a result of which they cannot turn around normally or send shrapnel into the passenger compartment.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US