Honda plans to create a new platform to increase the range of their carsAugust 27, 2019
The Japanese company Honda will create a platform for its electric cars in order to increase the power reserve. It must exceed 50km. The system will be integrated in medium-sized rear-wheel drive vehicles.
To meet the stringent requirements for electric cars today, Honda is forced to create all the necessary conditions for the comfortable operation of their electric vehicles, so the power reserve should be significantly increased. To do this, it is planned to create zones that allow using this mechanism in the following models of the Japanese company. The appearance of electric cars will also be different from the usual thanks to new accessories.
Engineers from the company plan to significantly change the entire structure of the car. Replacing the motor and battery with those that can power the rear wheel in fixed places. However, most dimensions will remain the same, such as the width of the body and clearance. The company will also improve the very structure of driving in “green” cars, where the engine is located in front of the body.
It should be expected that this platform will receive serious differences, which in our time are not in the system of electric cars of Asian companies.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US