Honda intends to release a hatchback for poor countriesMay 23, 2020
Honda will release a new 5-door family hatchback specifically for developing countries, it will be positioned as a budget model. The debut images of the novelty were published on the Internet.
As Autocar informs, the new hatchback is being developed on the basis of the City 7th generation model. It should be noted that this sedan, presented last year, is produced at the Thai brand’s enterprise and is also sold at developing car markets.
The hatchback will receive such a power structure and external body panels as a sedan. The back of the “5-door”, of course, will be original – with a lifting tailgate. At the same time, the future novelty has not yet acquired a name.
The main markets for the upcoming new model will be China, Brazil, and the countries of Southeast Asia. In the Chinese market, the model will replace the Gienia hatchback, created on the basis of the 6th generation City.
According to the assumptions, the hatchback engine lineup will be represented by a 1.0-liter gasoline turbo engine and a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated engine, the original City sedan has similar power units.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network