Honda intends to release a hatchback for poor countriesMay 23, 2020
Honda will release a new 5-door family hatchback specifically for developing countries, it will be positioned as a budget model. The debut images of the novelty were published on the Internet.
As Autocar informs, the new hatchback is being developed on the basis of the City 7th generation model. It should be noted that this sedan, presented last year, is produced at the Thai brand’s enterprise and is also sold at developing car markets.
The hatchback will receive such a power structure and external body panels as a sedan. The back of the “5-door”, of course, will be original – with a lifting tailgate. At the same time, the future novelty has not yet acquired a name.
The main markets for the upcoming new model will be China, Brazil, and the countries of Southeast Asia. In the Chinese market, the model will replace the Gienia hatchback, created on the basis of the 6th generation City.
According to the assumptions, the hatchback engine lineup will be represented by a 1.0-liter gasoline turbo engine and a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated engine, the original City sedan has similar power units.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air