Honda has developed a car “mask”January 1, 2021
The Japanese automaker Honda has come up with a special cabin filter for its vehicles.
Honda has developed a special “mask” for the cabin filters of its vehicles. According to the manufacturer, it is able to filter out up to 99.8% of airborne viruses in just 15 minutes. The effectiveness of the filter against COVID-19 has not yet been proven, but in any case, such a device will not be superfluous.
Nevertheless, the company’s studies show that the new product is able to purify the air from 99.9% of viruses per day. During tests, experts limited the flow of air into the car through the windows. The principle of operation of the mask is simple – it is installed on the cabin filter and “catches” viruses passing through it using microscopic spikes.
It is reported that one such mask can work for a year. The first cars with such a device went on sale on December 25. It is reported that the development of the same mask for filters used by other automakers is in the future.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km