Honda Civic Type R will get a hybrid engineMarch 7, 2019
Exactly two years ago, at the Geneva Motor Show, Honda introduced the current generation Civic Type R. Now the car is equipped with a classic turbocharged engine, but when switching to the next generation chassis, everything can change radically.
According to the publication Autoblog, at the Geneva Motor Show, Honda announced the intensification of the development of electric technologies, which implies the development of hybrid or all-electric versions of all models of the brand, and this strategy will be implemented until 2025.
Also, our colleagues talked with the senior vice president of Honda Motor Europe Tom Gardner, who said that the new generation Type R will be presented in 2021, and the car will receive a hybrid power plant. It will be produced in the United States, while the plant in the UK will be closed.
On the characteristics of the new engine while there is no information, but Honda has already gained considerable experience in creating hybrid power plants. For example, it has been producing the NSX supercar for several years now. It has a 3.5-liter turbocharged V6 under the bonnet that works with three electric motors. The entire system eventually develops 573 hp. Also, do not forget that Honda is developing in the Formula 1 1.6-liter hybrid engine, whose power, according to rumors, already exceeds 900 hp, and this year the company is aiming with Red Bull to win at least one race.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery