Hear how the new BMW M4 soundsOctober 6, 2020
A twin-turbo “six” 3.0 is installed under the hood of the car
A video has been posted on the WorldSupercars YouTube channel in which you can hear the exhaust sound of the new BMW M4. Under the hood of the “charged” coupe, there is an inline-six with direct injection, two turbochargers and lubrication and cooling systems adapted to the track.
The three-liter engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, depending on the version, produces 480 or 510 horsepower (550/650 Nm, respectively). It is equipped with two mono-scroll turbochargers, direct injection at 350 bar and a lubrication system tailored to the track. A model-specific exhaust with electronically controlled dampers and 100mm tailpipes is responsible for the corresponding soundtrack.
The line uses pipes with a large cross-section, which, in addition, are laid in a special way, which reduces back pressure and creates an acoustic effect corresponding to the nature of the model. But if that’s not enough, the M Performance catalog has an optional exhaust with muffler and titanium tailpipes. It not only looks impressive, but is also seven kilograms lighter than the standard one.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web