Harley-Davidson autographed by the pope sold for 54 thousand dollarsOctober 21, 2019
The Harley Davidson motorcycle, on which the pope signed, was sold at an auction at Bonhams trading house. An unknown buyer offered 54 thousand dollars for the lot. All proceeds will be transferred to the construction of a shelter and a school for orphans in Africa, reports the BBC.
The sold motorcycle, which is called “St. Davidson”, was designed by bikers from the city of Würzburg (Germany). The vehicle is painted in pearl color and decorated with gilding. The motorcycle is equipped with an engine capacity of 1570 cubic meters. cm.
Last year, at a Sotheby’s auction for 715 thousand euros, they sold a Lamborghini Huracan supercar, which had previously been donated to the pope. The car body is painted in gold and white. All proceeds were also sent to charity.
In addition, in 2017, Pope Francis received an Ampera-e electric car from Opel, which he uses to move around the Vatican. In 2015, Pope Francis received from Hyundai a special convertible created on the basis of the Santa Fe crossover. Designed for weekly audiences in St. Peter’s Square in Rome, this car is equipped with a 2.2-liter diesel engine.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network