Hamilton plans to take part in the tests MotoGPMarch 11, 2019
The five-time Formula One champion does not hide his long-standing interest in motor racing. But it seems he seriously thought about changing the status of a fan to a direct participant in the championship.
Earlier, the Briton has already tried his hand on Superbike tests. Michael van der Mark then said that Hamilton was driving very fast, but not quite right. But on these tests the case, apparently, was not over. Last weekend, Lewis Hamilton visited Qatar at the start of the first stage of MotoGP at the invitation of Petronas.
“I’ll definitely ride a prime class motorcycle, I’ve already resolved this issue,” he told reporters. “But before that I needed more tests, I’ve only had two and a half days. I certainly want to try the MotoGP bike. I’m dreaming about it”.
He also shared that he tries not to miss a single stage, and even runs away from briefings before and after qualifying for F1, to see the motivation. In Qatar, Hamilton was able to talk with Franco Morbidelli, the pilot of the Petronas SRT team, and he was impressed by the character of the British, calling him modest and at the same time passionate when it comes to motorcycles.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system