GTI and more: Volkswagen will flood the market with charged GolfDecember 21, 2019
In 2020, it is expected the appearance of several “hot” VW Golf
Volkswagen is preparing a galaxy of charged versions of the Golf 8. Moreover, all of them are likely to go on sale as early as 2020, according to Autocar.
One hot hatch Volkswagen is already declassified – this is a rechargeable hybrid Volkswagen Golf GTE. Its 1.4-liter turbo four and an electric motor give out 245 hp and up to 50 km the car is able to drive by electric traction.
The new Volkswagen Golf GTI of the eighth generation will be presented in the spring at the Geneva Motor Show. It will retain a 2.0-liter turbo engine, but power will increase to about 245-250 hp in the initial version and 290 hp – in a more extreme version.
The top version will be able to accelerate to hundreds in less than 6 seconds. Engineers also promise to work on steering to make the Golf GTI more fun.
All-wheel drive Volkswagen Golf R with a capacity of over 300 hp debuts in July. The last representative of the charged line will be a diesel Golf GTD with a capacity of at least 190 hp.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup