Great Wall introduced a new pickup truck in ChinaApril 20, 2021
The first full-size Great Wall pickup truck was officially unveiled at the 2021 Shanghai Auto Show.
The new vehicle is based on the intelligent off-road Tank platform and is marketed as a full-size luxury pickup truck. A new design language was used in the exterior of the car – the overall design idea is more precise, powerful and extremely impressive. The massive grille with mesh structure stands out.
The rear lights are in a vertical arrangement, joined together by a strip of light that runs through the entire rear door. General lines are smoother and more static. The entire rear of the car is completely different from the previous pickup.
As a power plant, the car received a 3.0T engine of its own design. It is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission. At the same time, this model is the world’s first pickup with front and rear double wishbones, independent suspension on all four wheels and optional air suspension, as well as electronically controlled damping system.
The extra-long travel air suspension significantly improves the pickup’s off-road performance. At the same time, it is paired with an electronically controlled shock absorber to adjust stiffness and damping in real time.
However, more detailed characteristics and carrying capacity of the new items have not yet been named. In addition, the company has not yet revealed the interior of the new pickup.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km