Great Wall buys General Motors factory in IndiaJanuary 22, 2020
An agreement to acquire a plant in western India has already been concluded.
The Chinese concern buys a General Motors plant in the state of Maharashtra, located in western India. This agreement still requires further approval by the authorities in the country. The procedure will be completed in the first half of 2020.
According to the press service of Great Wall Motor, this transaction will allow to start the implementation of the production program, as well as sales of GWM cars in India. In addition, thanks to this, the company will receive a new impetus to the GWM globalization strategy.
According to Great Wall Vice President Xiang Shang Liu, the purchase of the plant is an investment for GWM to officially enter the Indian market. This country has great potential, and its local economy is developing rapidly.
- The American company showed the “21st Century Hypercar”
- What is known about the updated Volvo S90 and V90
- In Germany, showed the new generation Volkswagen Caddy
- Chevrolet Tracker received a new version
- New Ford F-150 seen in test trials